Monday, October 6, 2008

One Down

The wedding on Saturday was a resounding success! Our friends make a great couple and they are going to be very happy.

We attended the rehearsal dinner Friday evening and then got up EARLY on Saturday to tackle the pool furniture and accessories. I am so happy to say that we were able to get everything, cleaned, deflated, and stowed away for the winter. The pool company was supposed to close and cover the pool on Friday, but the technician was sick, so hopefully they will arrive to do it today. Gone are our summer patriotic buntings and flags, it's sad to have to put all that away, but I'm glad the chore is done.

Around 11am on Saturday I started heating the food I had made previously and frozen for their casual reception. I went over to the church and set up the buffet at noon, so that all we had to do was add the food at about 3:30.

The wedding was small, plain, and lovely. The food was extremely popular and we managed to get everything cleaned up just in time for me to get home for the Buckeye game.

On Sunday after I cleaned up the dishes from Saturday night, I started on my big project for the weekend---cleaning out closets, and unpacking winter clothes! I managed to get through them all; man that is hard work! The winter clothes are cleaned and hung and the summer stuff is all put away. I am very pleased to report that I was able to part with 10 bags of stuff!!!!

Sunday afternoon my reward was a trip to the pumpkin patch! I got all of the fall stuff I love, bales of straw, corn shocks, Indian corn, and of course pumpkins! My front porch looks amazing! I 've just got to figure out what to do with the side porch!

Today the carpets are being cleaned while we're at work so one more task is complete gearing up for the big party!

I'm not having side effects from the BCP's--my energy level is actually quite high. I start Lupron on Friday, so I'll have to wait and see what that will bring!

Amy

1 comment:

JW Moxie said...

Goodness - what a productive weekend you had! What did I do this weekend? Uuuhhh...it was just that dry that I can't even remember. :)

Good luck with the Lupron! I hope it doesn't make you too loopy!