Friday, October 3, 2008

Let the Wedding Extravaganza Begin!

This weekend begins a marathon month of weddings and events for us! Tonight we have a rehearsal dinner for our closest friends and tomorrow I cater their wedding and Dave will take the photos. Luckily, it's small and we're happy to help them maintain a tight budget. I am a social butterfly and don't mind being on the go constantly, but I fear this month will really wear on Dave. He does ok socially, but doesn't always enjoy it!

Next weekend our other very close friends are having a large out of town wedding that we will attend in Southern Ohio. There's no work for us to do at this one, and even though I just got back from a trip, I am looking forward to a night in a resort with my husband.

The third weekend in October is the only one free of weddings for us, but it's hardly a break because its the weekend for our annual wiener roast. Every year we invite both sides of our very large families, all our friends, and basically everyone we know to a huge outdoor party. We live on 5 acres, and don't have neighbors to bother. It is a really good time, but it requires a lot of planning and hard work to pull off!

The last weekend in October I will be starting stims for IVF#2 and we will attend the wedding of one of my first cousins. This last wedding is local, thank God, but I fear that by this time Dave will only let us stay for the vows, (well maybe the food) before he wants to go home to his little used recliner.

I have NO IDEA how I will manage to keep our house clean, yard mowed, laundry done, and prepare for our biggest party of the year, but I know somehow I'll manage and it is very likely a blessing that I will be busy up until time for the nitty gritty of IVF to begin.

Stay tuned for all the events November has in store---our calendar doesn't clear up much!

No comments: