Friday, October 31, 2008

Needles, Needles, and More Needles!

First thanks for all of the support! I am really feeling pretty good. Tired, but overall very good.

The monitoring this morning was good. Doc is a little worried about hyper-stimulation, he had a very concerned look while doing my scan. I have a LOT of follies-probably 10 or more on each side. I pushed him to go for a lot of eggs and it looks like I'm gonna get my wish. I have to wait for my E2 this afternoon. Looks like I may trigger Sunday for Tuesday retrieval.

I went to my first acupuncture session after my scan and was really surprised by how knowledgeable she was about IVF. She is confident that the increased blood flow to the uterus caused by acupuncture helps with implantation. She had me feel my belly (where my ovaries are distended) when we started and then again when we finished. The difference is AMAZING. My ovaries are still big of course, but at first my tummy was hard to the touch and after it was soft. I also left feeling confident and relaxed which is a nice side effect!

Most of the studies I've read don't point to exactly why acupuncture works, just that is seems to help. At this point, we've tried everything else, so why not!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080210085601.htm

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/acupuncture-ivf-study-shows-early/story.aspx?guid=%7B0C863696-AA0B-459A-A6B4-164786851FED%7D&dist=hppr


So I will post this afternoon with my E2 and my instructions!

A

No comments: