Thursday, October 30, 2008

Do you know where your ovaries are this morning?

I can tell you the EXACT position of each of my ovaries!!!

At my scan yesterday my right ovary was much more active than the left, but I think lefty may have caught up because she is aching today. I am not really that uncomfortable, my belly is noticeably bigger for the first time this cycle, and I'm tired, but mostly still feeling pretty good.

I have been debating since the last IVF about trying acupuncture. It's not that I'm afraid of it, but that I worry about the additional expense. So, I called a center near my IF clinic and she had a lot of good info and thought that even at this late stage she could help. I made an appointment for tomorrow morning after my monitoring ultrasound. She said we would schedule another appt the day of ER and again on the day of ET.

What made me decide to go for it?

I think that $200.00 or so dollars at this point is a reasonable amount of money to risk if it will in any way improve our chance of success. I'm not saying that $200.00 is not a lot of money, it is, it's just a LOT less than the $10000.00 it will cost should we need (and decide) to do another cycle.

I am giving this cycle everything I've got!

Thanks for all of the continued support!

Keep on prayin'!

A

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree... If it should work out, then that $200 would have saved you $9800, plus you won't be left wondering what would have happened if only you'd given acupuncture a try.

My sincerest wishes and hope that all will go well and produce the desired results.

Best of luck, and good health
God Bless,
Anna

Anonymous said...

Hi. I was considering accupuncture before IVF too, but I wasn't sure where to go in Columbus. Where is the place that you are going?

Stacy said...

I didn't know that acupuncture had a connection to IVF -- how is it related? Does it increase relaxation or help the body prepare for pregnancy? Let me know how it goes.

Love,
Stace