Thursday, November 6, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes

The news is much better with the embies today!

Here's the scale: they should be 2-4 cells 1 best-5 worst

12 Fertilized
9 divided (3 stopped growing)
1-4 cell grade 1
1-3 cell grade 2
1-2 cell grade 1
5-2 cell grade 2
1-2 cell grade 4

He had a lot more details for me today-I just don't think he was prepared for me to know what to ask yesterday.

He said that originally there were 5 embies that had no vacuoles of the 12. (I didn't point out that 7 of 12 is not 75%, because I was feeling generous.) Anyway the funny thing is that one of the ones that didn't have vacuoles didn't divide and another is the worst. (2-cell grade 4) also one that had several yesterday is the 2 cell grade 1. So they can't always tell how they'll do by how they look.

The odds are looking much better for us today.

I feel a lot better today emotionally. I'm still in a good deal of pain. Maybe like a 6 out of 10. I stayed home today so I could have painkillers and to try and be as ready as possible for ET (transfer) tomorrow. They are still going to schedule me for a 3dt tomorrow, BUT if they look really awesome in the morning they may re-schedule me for Sat or Sun (5dt).

Thanks for all the support!

Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are looking much better.
Rest well, and sending you best wishes for a great and fruitful transfer.

God's many blessings to you and DH

Anna

Anonymous said...

Amy, I'm guessing since we haven't heard from you that you had transfer today!!! I hope it all went smoothly and can't wait to hear your report. Hope the bloating and discomfort have gone down.

Hugs,

Marie

Jill said...

I'm so glad for better news!!!

I hope you start to feel better soon. I, too, was pretty sore after my ERs. Get as much rest as possible, drinks tons of fluids (power aid or gatorade is best), and take care of yourself. :) I can't wait to hear how the transfer goes!