Saturday, November 22, 2008

Love Family Thanksgiving

Today was our 'Thanksgiving' with Dave's family and we took the opportunity to share our good news. It's so much fun!!!!! They were all very excited, they know how long we've prayed for this news.

Dave has 8 living brothers (of 9) and they are all married, so it makes for a full house, but that's exactly what I love about it. We had all the traditional stuff, plus one of my sister's in law made a delicious chocolate oreo cake! YUM!

It was really great to visit with everyone, but now I'm beat. I just haven't had my pre-ER energy level return.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be just as busy! My Mom and a couple of my cousins are coming over to help prep for Thanksgiving. My Mom is actually going to really scrub my bathrooms, which I am afraid to do yet. (All the bending and stretching.) Maybe I'm being too cautious, but I don't want any regrets. My cousins will help with the turkey, which I always pre-bake and freeze, and they will also help with pies and homemade noodles. I normally do it on my own, but can't with the lifting restriction and they are all more than happy to pitch in.

I love this time of the year. I enjoy my large family so much--we are lucky to all still be within about an hour of one another. I am looking so forward to Thursday.

Physically I'm feeling better today. Mild, infrequent heartburn, and some fatigue. I had some minor cramping this morning, but I think I might have been mildly constipated (sorry TMI) because it's all better now. I have not had any more brownish discharge.

I went to acupuncture today, and while I was able to relax and enjoy the first half, I was restless for the second. I think I might have been pre-occupied with party stuff.

Off to bed---enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amy! That is so great. I'm starting IVF with Dr. W in Jan...which acupuncture clinic did you go to? We're going to try it as well.
--Allison

lovesbabyhopes said...

Allison,
I'm so glad you're here...I lost your email. Email me at amy_nstout@yahoo.com

Amy