Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hard to find the words...

For me speechless is rare!

The results of my beta are in and its POSITIVE! My beta was 179 today. I'll have it re-checked on Thursday and again on Monday, and there are no guarantees, but it's a good strong start!

It's so hard for me to put all my gratitude into words.

I am feeling such a strange mix of emotions. Joy, of course, awe, shock, amazement, fear, relief. I know it's just the first hurdle and it's very early, but I've gotten back one emotion I've been seriously lacking in the past week, HOPE.

It feels so good think again about 'being pregnant' and actually 'having a baby.' In all of these last days of obsessing I have not allowed myself to venture into that territory.

Thanks to all of you out there who I don't even 'know,' and those I know and love, for your patience with my whining, your compassion for my pain, and your constant support through this whole process. I cannot wait to share the ups and downs of this new and exciting experience with you all.

6 comments:

JW Moxie said...

WOOOOFREAKINHOOOOO!!!! I am so very excited for you! You're off to a great start and I hope and pray that it's nowhere but up from here!

Anonymous said...

:o)
It's great to be speechless at times.
CONGRATULATIONS to you and your DH!!!

Your mix of emotions are completely normal and understandable. I do look forward to sharing your journey in writing.

I am so very thrilled for you both!!--I could scream out loud. Thank you O Lord for this wonderful blessing!

God Bless, and good health

Anna

Jill said...

CONGRATS does not seem like a strong enough word! I am soooooo happy for the both of you!

Amy said...

Yea Amy!!! Congratulations!!!! SOOO happy for you! So glad you got some hope back!

CG said...

Here from L & F. Congrats. Am so happy for you.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Hooray! Best wishes to you.