Monday, May 5, 2008

Follow-up with RE after failed IVF

Heartbroken. . . I finally felt it. Friday I went to a follow-up with Dr. Williams armed with about 30 questions regarding the failed cycle. I have been sad about the failure, but until I sat down in there and started discussing it I hadn't really felt the loss. As we went over the cycle and he gave me positive recommendations for another cycle, IF we can ever afford another, I finally felt my heart break by the defeat. Everything he said was positive, he would be more aggressive with my stimulation, he would increase the Lupron. He says that I am still an excellent candidate for IVF. He suggested that since I had a pregnancy (miscarriage) from Clomid 3.5 yrs ago we could try a few cycles of that while we try and save money for another IVF.
I spent the rest of day crying on and off, and felt better for it. Dave was great, compassionate, as always. I didn't realize that I was holding on to all of that pain and I was glad to have let it go.

No comments: