Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hope creeping back in

Since my mini-meltdown on Friday I feel new! I feel like I have taken control of my treatment, my life. I still don't like that I'm not pregnant, but I have hope again that it will work, somehow. I feel once again that it's just a matter of time.
We have decided to go ahead with a few cycles of Clomid starting next month while we're saving and raising money for another IVF. I honestly don't expect that it will work, but the doc thinks that it's worth a try so I'm up for it! I have continued my eating plan from "The Fertility Diet" and am still feeling pretty good. I am really trying to get more exercise, but I get bored easily, so it's rough.
On Monday evening the reporter came from the Zanesville Times Recorder. She was great, really professional. I was very glad that she seemed shocked and sort-of outraged that insurance can choose not to cover our medical condition. I really think that the general population does not know how all of this works, and if more people knew something might finally be done about it! Our story will appear in this Sunday's (Mother's Day ;0) edition of the paper, and I'm sure she will tell our story well. I will post a link to the article here if it appears on their website.
Once again this year there is a bill going NOWHERE in the US House that would require infertility coverage at very little cost to consumers. Please go to http://www.resolve.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ta_fedleg_home to contact your representative and ask them to support this bill. It should at least get a vote!! Even if you already have coverage, please go for the rest of us--it's important!

Amy

1 comment:

Toni said...

Amy-
I was moved by your story in the TR and wanted to let you know that Wal-Mart pharmacy carries generic Clomid on their $9 list. You can access this list at WalMart.com. I know that this may not be a big help to you but thought I would share just in case. Good luck!
(BTW, my husband is a pharmacist and that is how I know about the drug!)