Thursday, May 15, 2008

CDC Couples Survey and Fundraising Part II

Dave and I agreed to participate in an oral study that the CDC and Resolve is doing about couples experiencing infertility. The researcher called last night and was really great! She asked basic questions about our diagnosis and insurance information, so I was thrilled to vent my rage about the lack of coverage! She said that she was getting TONS of other responses similar to mine. It is so sad that money, or lack there of, forces people to choose between whether or not to have children.

Enough of that!

We have decided to try another tack with our fundraising efforts! We are holding a 1/2 and 1/2 drawing on July 4th. From now until then we will sell numbered tickets for $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00, we will draw a winner and contact them on the 4th of July. The winner will receive 1/2 of all of the money collected! So the more tickets we sell the bigger the pot!

Once again our super supportive family will help by selling tickets and one beloved family member (who is in the accounting field) has agreed to be treasurer so that there is nothing improper about the money. We could not have made it this far without all of this terrific support!

Tickets are open to anyone, if any reader wishes to purchase tickets, please email me at lovesbabyhopes@yahoo.com

Hope is back with a vengeance now--I am sure we will find a way to have a family of our own! I feel like myself again.

Please feel free to contact me with questions or fundraising suggestions!

Blessings!

Amy

No comments: