Friday, July 18, 2008

A bit of good news!

Well, I went for my monitoring yesterday afternoon, which was cycle day 11 and I had an eleven mm follicle on the right which is right on track to be mature on Monday!!!!!! I go back at 1:00p on Monday for another look and to get my HCG trigger shot.

For those of you who are blessed with ignorance of these things, a follicle should be between 18-21mm to be considered mature. Once a follicle reaches the appropriate size, the body releases a surge of HCG to finish maturing the follicle and release it. Ovulation (release of the follicle) occurs 36 hours after the HCG surge. In the case of someone who doesn't ovulate, like me, the Clomid helps to develop a follicle, once the follicle is large enough, HCG is administered via injection. 36 hours after the injection the egg will be released. TA DA OVULATION!

If only getting pregnant was an easy as they warned us in sex ed!


Amy

1 comment:

JW Moxie said...

I'd say that's a lot of good news!